Sunday, August 2, 2009

They say cats are independent.so can i leave her?

I am to go out of town next week. I'll be gone for 2 days and 1 night. is it okay if i leave my cat alone in the apartment for that long? i cant seem to find a pet sitter at this moment. If i can leave my cat for that long, what preparations should i make?
Answers:
For two days and one night, she'll be OK. Leave an extra litter box out. Leave her plenty of dry catfood, and especially plenty of water.
Growing up we left our cats over a week in our house. We left plenty of food and water flushed all the toilets and had a couple of litter box's ready.
shes a domesticated animal and depends on you for her care. if she was feral that would be one thing but she is not.

Find a vet with kennel services
Yup, just leave out plenty of food, water and make sure theres a place for it to poop.
Well.leave out lots of food and water.the cat should be fine. That's actually no too long. ; )
A way forh er to poop, many sources of water, and if you are reall nice, put a gerbil in one of those balls so the cat has a friend.
That's fine, I leave my cats for up to 4 days at a time. Make sure there is plenty of food and water (multiple bowls) A clean litterbox and make sure none of the doors can close by putting things infront of them, I've come home and my cats were locked in my room with just water! (I was gone 2 days)
yea your cat will be fine.I always leave my cat alone when I go out of town for like a week and she is gets along okay and cats like to be alone so they dont mind. Just make sure she can get to her litter box..give her fresh litter..and if you dont already have one go to Wal Mart and buy them one of those self feeding bowls so she wont run out of food oh and dont forget lots and lots of water. If its a kitten.give it something to play with. Good Luck :)
Just fill the cat's food and drink fountain.
yes u can leave he water of water and food ok
as long as the cat has lots of food and water(better to much, then to little), she will be fine!! clean the litter box right before you leave!
I have left my cats at home alone for a couple of days. Make sure the poo box is clean, that you have a couple of bowls of water for them, and a couple of bowls of food too. If you have plants, they should be locked up in another room, so that kitties dont eat them and get sick. Some plants are poison to kitties.
Rest assured, they will be fine until you get home.
As long as it is only a couple of days. I wouldn't leave them much longer than this though.
well if you really have to.yeah I think its okay if you leave enough food and water.but I really think that you should try finding a kennel nearby they might charge about $50 a night.I guess costs depend on the kennel place..well as long as you seal up your house so they won't escape, put clean litter out and give it enough food and water and toys..it should be okay


one more thing make sure there isn't any obvious dangers around.candles that sort of thing and try to get someone to go to your house to check up on them once a day
She should be fine, especially if she's usually an indoor cat anyway, used to being inside and using a litterbox. Leave several bowls of dry food and lots more water than you think you'll need to leave, just so you won't worry. My cat sometimes plays with his water, splashing it out with his paw, so I put several containers of water in the kitchen sink and put the stopper in so if he decides to splash the water out, it will still be there for him to drink. Your cat should be fine on her own for an occasional weekend. Have a good time!
Just make sure that there is plenty of food and water for it and maybe have someone check on it a few times.
Make sure she has fresh, ample litter and a good supply of food and water. (See website below.)

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_d.

I would not leave a kitten alone for two and a half days. But an adult cat should be fine.so long as she is not the sort to chew cord and things.

(A friend of mine leaves her kitchen faucet set at a steady drip in case her cat's water bowl gets knocked over.)
For that short period of time your cat should be fine. I would make sure that her litter box is clean prior to you leaving, and I would be sure to put out extra bowls of food and water just in case she would spill them or you would be delayed. Also depending on what area of the country you live in, I would make sure that the furnace is on (for cool weather) or the air (for warm weather) so that she stays comfortable. The only time I wouldn't leave a cat alone would be where she has some sort of medical condition that requires closer supervision. In that case, I would board her at the vet's office. Good luck and have a safe trip!
great question i was just wondering the same thing but i found out it is okay as long as you give them plenty of water and food, try to give her lots of room to play and that its not to warm or too cold in your apartment. Good luck, have fun.
I have left my 5 cats alone for as long as a week without a sitter. BIG bowls of dry food, a couple of litter boxes and a couple of big bowls of water. They will be fine!
Just leave the Refrigerator door cracked open and have plenty of beer and tuna in it and she be fine. May be pregnant when you get back, be she will be OK.
I have had cats before and leaving them alone for 2 days is fine just make sure you put out plenty of food and water and give her a fresh litter box. Does the cat normally go outside? Since you aren't gone for long she should be ok. Expect some retaliation tho. When I would leave my cat for the weekend he would look right at me and pee on my bed. He was very upset I would leave him for so long. Needless to say he did that 3 times and I had to get rid of him. I was not going to stay home cuz I made my cat mad.
Yes you can leave a cat for a few days just make sure you leave her plenty of food and water. Let your neighbors know where you are going and a number to contact you should they need to. Let your neighbors know your cat is in there alone just incase of an emergency. Go and have a nice mini vacation. Your cat will be ok.
Sure, I leave mine alone for 2 or 3 days sometimes. Just make sure he/she has plenty of food and water for the entire time you are gone, plus 1 day (just in case the unexpected happens.) Also, make sure the litter box is clean. Do this immediately prior to leaving home. This way it will have less in it when you get home. One more trick, leave a TV on. That way your kitty won't be lonely.

However, be sure to close doors (bedrooms). If you have never left your kitty alone you don't know what they might do in your bed. Livingroom furniture is one thing (you can clean it), just not the bed.
I have left mine for that same amount of time. Any longer than that and the water won't be fresh and the litter is going to need scooped. Just be sure when you leave they are starting with a fresh litter box and both water and food bowl filled. Make sure you know where they are as your walking out the door and no one is closed in a room or closet.
Leave out a big, big, big, bowl of cat food, a big, big, big, litter box. Put all important knick knacks away, leave out some stuff that the cat loves to wrestle with. The cat will sleep most of the time and spend the rest of the time looking for you all through the house. Be prepared to air out the house when you return and don't expect any big homecoming.
If you have no choice, he'll be so lonely. You can't even get a neighbor to check on him at night?
I don't see a problem with it. Just make sure your cat has nice clean litter, food and water and if there's anything that is a potential scratching that you don't want your cat to get into, lock it up. Remember to take the garbage out too, cats love to make messes and that's one that I don't think you'd want to walk into when you get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment