Sunday, August 2, 2009

This is my cat, what breed is she?

http://teamtabo.spaces.live.com/?_c11_ph.

This is my cat Momo, what breed is she? I was thinking a mix of Chartreux, Burmese and British shorthair. She doesn't look a thing like a Burmese but after reading the info from http://www.cfa.org/breeds my cat's characteristic is exactly like a Burmese, she follows me around like a dog, loves to squat on top of me and not move or sleep either under my cover or anywhere near me. I have been looking everywhere for my cat's breed but can't find out what she is! Help please!
Answers:
I would say Momo definitely has some Burmese in her history, but I would label her, if labels are important to you, as an American Shorthair. But I don't think a breed label is that important. She looks like a really great cat. If anyone asks what kind she is, tell them Momo is one-of-a-kind! (P.S.; She looks like there might even be a touch of Maine Coon, from her markings %26 head size.)
Looks just like a plain old domestic shorthair to me. Cats breed so much it's hard to keep the breeds seperate from each other. Unless you paid mucho bucks for her and have lineage papers, I would say domestic shorthair, which is just your common house cat.
She definately has the British shorthair in her. That kind of freaked me out because she really resembles by cat that I had to put down in early August. Go to my 360 page and look in my photos under mail attachments. There is a picture of Splash there, but I warn you, he was really sick then. I haven't gotten around to putting up a picture of him when he was young.
Most likely, she is a domestic shorthair. These are by far the most common. It is not typical for many purebred cats to be out breeding with other breeds. While it may happen, your cat is probably just an example of a rather ordinary breed being an extraordinary creature!

Celebrate her uniqueness, and remember that no one has a cat just like you!
maybe a domestic short hair
Looks like a Tuxedo cat to me. With the white bib and spats.

BTW nice kitty
Momooo..why are u so much alike my old cat, Pietro?? Hiikkss..I miss him..He ran away when we moved..To be honest, I don't really know about breeding..all I know is suddenly Momo struck my memory of Pietro..you r lucky to have Momo..(still sad)..
I had a Russian Blue and Momo looks a lot like him! The colouring is the same and the shape of the face too :-) Great looking cat by the way! She's beautiful.
Cute kitty, looks like a regular domestic shorthair to me. All cats are beautiful, even "mutts"!!
She's pretty - she's a domestic tabby, that's all. The characteristics you list are just like regular cats. No big mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment