Sunday, August 2, 2009

This is more of an update to those who answered my questions before about a cat who wouldn't eat.?

A few weeks ago I asked about my daughter's cat who was loosing lots of weight and appeared to be dying after my daughter moved and left me heer 2 cats. My daughter came everyday for a while and forced milk into the cat with a bottle. I purchased some expensive supplement ( which cat refused to eat) and at first she didn't respond then she started to eat canned food and now she hasn't eat for 2 days. She was lying in the litter box for hours and now she lies in front of the refridgator because my house is cold and it puts out some heat. She also had a bowel movement on the floor today instead of the box one foot way. It was very little. Thanks to all concerned and I wish we had money for the vet. We are open to any new ideas.
Answers:
I feel so sorry for your cat to have to suffer like that just becuase her owners CAN'T afford vet bills for her!! but yet, you CAN afford a computer! interesting!

sorry, but in my opinion, you have absolutly no business owning her if you can't afford to care for her NEEDS!! the poor thing needs medical treatmeny and your trying to treat it yourself!!

FYI to you: YOU ARE NOT a licensed vet so therefore, you have NO clue what's wrong with her!!

it really upsets me to read posts like yours saying that you can't afford vet bills for your animals! you want companionship from a loving pet but yet when it comes down to actually "taking care" of him/her then either you can't or just don't care to!!

NO pet is FREE!! they need yearly checkups, vaccinations, treatments when sick etc. I wish everybody everywhere would realize that!! people truly need to get their priorities straight as well!!

quit being IRRESPONSIBLE and take the kitty up to your local SPCA!
I just wish I were a vet. If I were I'd take care of the cat for free. I love my cats more than most people. Email me if you need too.
go to spca and get some help if you cant afford the vet or tell your daughter she needs to come and get her cat it sounds as if she is suffering and needs medical care soon
I'm so sorry you and the cat are having to go through this without veterinary help. Your cat is definitely very, very sick, and honestly there's not going to be much help to be offered by internet, but support. There are so many things that can be wrong, some of which might be treatable, others which may not.

Refusing to eat, decreasing urination and defecation, recumbant position %26 non-motile (lying down and won't get up) are signs of end-stage illness. Obviously, your cat can't continue like this.

For lack of being able to offer anything else, I'll say, keep her warm. Place an old towel in your dryer and get it nice and toasty, and keep the cat wrapped up, to keep up her body temperature. Try to get water down her, probably using a syringe. Encourage her to go to the bathroom as you would a kitten, by softly rubbing her rectum/vagina area with a warm, wet rag. Keep her in a quiet area.

If you simply can't get her to a vet, definitely keep her away from other cats so she can't transmit any contagious infection to the other animals, if it hasn't already.

Contact your local humane society to see if they can offer you some financial assistance. Many will.
She's quite possibly in kidney failure or has some type of blockage.
Call the local humane society and see if they can find you a vet for cheap or that they will take the cost of her care. Some vets will also take payment plans.
This cat NEEDS to go to the vet immediately.
If it is kidney failure., which is the #1 killer of cats - it is a very painful and full of suffering death. Please do the humane thing and call someone to ask for help - don't be prideful for the cats sake.
Does she drink water and pee? How is her temp? A couple years a go when I first got my cat form her previous owners, she had the same problem. But she also had a temperature. So I took her to an animal hospital and there they told me that she had a bladder infection. The vet prescribed an antibiotic and she started feeling better and eating and drinking after only a couple of doses. See if you can get help from your local humane society.
Also, pet stores have a special type of milk which my cats like better than regular milk. I can't remember what it is called, but it comes in a small cartoon box. My cats don't eat any kind of treats or supplements either.

I hope she feels better soon.
sounds like your cat is very ill and needs medical attention. It may be time for you to think about euthanasia. It is a hard decision to make but may be best for the cat.
can't you call a vet and make an arrangement for some sort of payment plan, or call the humane society or borrow money, or whatever it takes to get this cat the medical care it needs. If you are not willing to care for it then relinquish it to the humane society so they could treat it.
Why are you letting that poor cat suffer so long?? Get it to the vet or find someone that will take care of it! Go pawn something so you can take it in or something.
and why is your place so cold? get that poor cat some warmth at least!
I hope your daughter never gets another pet since she is so irresponsible.Why doesn't she give you the money to take it to the vet since she left it with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment