Sunday, August 2, 2009

This question is for all the cat owners out there..?

I change my kitty's water 3 times a day, clean the bowl everyday with water and soap ok.and not I never leave soap residue there. I changed his water before I went to bed, when I woke up there was little water left but it was PINK! yes..pink as in the color pink..not red but pink. I thought about maybe blood..but why is it pink? I called the vet and made an appoinment, I talk to her on the phone and she said she had never heard of anything like this!
Have you? any clues? I luv my cat, I'm takin him to get checked, but this is really buggin me out.
THanks
Answers:
Try not to stress. All answers covered possibilities.

You'll find out at the vet. It doesn't sound serious. Stressing won't help you and your cat might pick up on your vibes and get upset too. Vickys answer sounds right on.

I wish you well.

A little prayer okay?
God, please bless her kitten's health and cause the vet to find out if anythings wrong. Help SuperGirl to have peace and be a SuperGirl. Thank you God.
He might of done what is called kitty back-wash. My cat did it a few times and was wondering why the water was colored pink.
She could have had a bloody nose and when she went to get a drink it died her water pink. I dont know but that is pretty strange.
does your kitty have fleas ? i remember bathing my cat and the water was pink and he had fleas.
Check the cats gums. If you're as careful as you say you are, it's the only other answer. There could be something stuck or some sort of problem, causing the cat to bleed.
The most logical explanation - I think - is possibly a bloody tooth it happens to my dog every once and a while and the water was prolly pink because the water would dilute the blood thus, lightening the color turning it pink. The same thing happened to my dog I had her checked @ the vets and they concluded she had a loose tooth that had bled a little bit. I hope it's nothin else wrong with your cat - good luck!
i,ll i can say is take himto the ve!!.
a piece of your cats food may be getting into the water bowl
maybe the kitty spit up in there. sometimes puick is pink or spit
Everyone here covered my first thoughts.

1. Fleas. The flea residue consists of some blood, so if enough falls into the water, then the water can turn pink.

2. Bloody nose or some sort of cut. Any type of blood in the water will turn the water pink

3. Something in her teeth/gums. Once it starts to irritate and wear on the gums, they can start to ooze blood, which may turn the water pink.

4. (not mentioned) She dropped something in the water that turned it pink. Could be a toy, something she caught, or a piece of food. It was in there long enough to colour the water and then she fished it out.

5. (not mentioned) The bowl was not clean the last time you set it down. Either something from the sink got into it and coloured the water or if your soap is red, there was some residue left from it that you were unaware of.

Changing the water 3 times a day seems a little excessive, unless this is something the vet recommended. We clean and change ours whenever it gets low. This could be every day or every two or three days.

I'm glad you've made a vet appointment, hopefully it will get to the bottom of this. : )
I have this problem but it's due to the fact that my cats are messy and get cat food in the bowl. It's possible that they dropped some in there, it soaked, and then they might have eaten it so no evidence of this was left.
Some dry cat foods have so much red dye in them that if your cat dropped even 1 small piece in his dish it will color the water a pinkish color. If he eats dry food I would consider this possibility.
You have a vet in charge now so try to stay calm. If your kitty is lethargic, not eating, vomiting or has diarrhea she should go the an emergency vet tonight if possible.
u are affected by daltonism

No comments:

Post a Comment