Thursday, May 7, 2009

silly cat names?

i bought my daughter a kitten a few months ago and she was so pleased she cried, i asked her what she wants to call it and she said duggie, after someone in the boy band mcfly, what name have you named your pet and why
Answers:
*My cat so many different colors in him so I called him "Boston" as in a Boston Pizza with the works..lol
cats called tony (he was a ginger like a friend) and sprogg (looked like a gremlin) and a dog called naz (got him from animal rescue and that was his name)
Lander is my cats name. It is a town in Wyoming that seems as if it is stuck in a time warp. A place like in the 50 or 60's where kids get to run free and play..
my cats called speck, this is because he has a white speck on his back leg.
"Alfie", as the film starring Jude Law was out at the time, it actually suits him quite well
My son wanted to call my cat Cheese after a character on Foster's home for Imaginary Friends.

She ended up being called Kinky, although still not sure why , it just stuck!
We had cats Bert and Ernie, after the Sesame Street two. Unfortunately my Ernie has died = (
Now we just have Bert left who is a girl lol so we say Bertalina is her full name.
I used to have a dog called Darcy, named after Mr Darcy of Pride and Prejudice fame, now our dog is called Daisy, just because it's a cute girlie name.
I had a cat called Baby once too, named after Baby form Dirty Dancing.
Cute story about your daughter crying awww bless = )
my cats name is stay puff
I think they got it from either ghostbuster
or because she is black and white like a marshmellow
that s toasted
Woody cause when he was a kitten we found him in a scrap wood pile and he blended right in like he was made of wood..woody
One of my kittens, about 4 months old, is name Peekaboo because when we first got her, she would only dart out of her "spot" about two or three times a day to eat or go potty. We only ever got a peek of her that first month we had her - she is ore relaxed now, though.
worthless!
i have one cat named 'ai' - japanese for love.
i have another named 'ceefer' - c for cat
One cat is called "Kitten". My wife named her that years ago before we met, because she was THE kitten.

The second cat is "Sam", because he looks like a Sam.

The third cat is "Speedbump" (or Speedy, or Bump) because as a kitten she wouldn't stay out from under your feet all throughout the house.
Doesn't mater what you call a cat,,,they won't come anyway right? :D

I've called them "football" as I've launched them gently but firmly with my right foot, teaching them how to fly without wings.

I've thought about making butt flavored cat food.

I've called them tuna breath- and worse.
Years ago one of my mates called his cat roadkill, unfortunatly it ended up like that and he never forgave himself, sad but true..
misty = named it after a family pet that "passed on"
bilbo = my boyfriend was called billy, he used to say to the cat, "come to daddy" when no-one was looking!
ally= shes really small so i named her after ally mcbeal
gizmo = he was born pure white with a black stripe down his head.(hes 3 now and the stripe has gone_
plus all these names are something you can shout out at night to call them in and they sound ok!!
I called my cat spider.

Because he was ugly and spiders were the only ugly things i cud think of.

Then i found out there was a book called spider the cat.

But i loved him so much..lol
My cats name is Boo we named him that because he was born in October he got out one time on halloween and all the trick or treaters were out with there parents and my dad went out in the yard to find him and he was calling him saying Boo.Boo.Boo and all of the people looked at him like he was crazy haaaaaaaaaaa trust me this is true I was there
We have an orange male cat named Slither. His original name was Marmalade, but he used to slither on the floor like a snake as a baby.
I named my cream colored main coon mix Toulouse after the famous artist Toulouse LeTrec . I like to name my pets names you dont hear everyday , makes it interesting
Motor, cat - you could hear her purring when she entered the room
Twitchy, cat - his back twitches when you talk to him
Tubbis, cat - he's a bit tubby
Trouble, ferret - he get into everything!
Bandit, ferret - likes to steal jinglie balls
Nemo Bear, ferret - he's curious and sweet like the boy in Little Nemo, and looks like a bear when he's laying on his back

I have many more, but it would be a long, long list.
names of cats we had/have..fred, mert, harry, tater, george, jack (jack rabbit, he was springy and used to play catch), mr thumbs and mr no thumbs (they were identical brothers but one had thumbs and one didn't hah), omg we've had so many cats i can't remember them all

dog names..sweet, jackie, lily, chant, maggie, digger, jo jo, willie, gi gi, buster, ferby, i can't remember the rest either lol

we had a pot belly pig named bob johnson, 2 goats named gary and lulu, a chicken named wanda (she was a black silky chicken and used to come when you called her and loved to be picked up and pet), a duck named henry, a ferret named rocky, a cockatoo named piccilo, the list goes on

horse names..pinzanto (oldenberger), thera (american warmblood), ebony snow (american warmblood), jantine (friesian), gideon (friesian), oliver (oligater - huge beligian)
have had lots of cats all with interesting names , first one was called nutty as we found her abandoned as a kitten in a nut wood, then there was hughie called after the drunk who lived upstairs. A fter them I grew up A bit and started naming my cats really interesting names i.e. pyowakket ( the name of the cat in bell, book,and candle a very cool film i watched. Or there was tamagotchi ( the cyber pet, as an abandoned kitten was cheaper than the "COOL" toy and also had to be really looked after rather than played with for a little while then forgotten about.
My last cat was called PENFOLD , my son was a big fan of DANGER MOUSE and wanted to call the cat dangermouse.Having talked him round from this idea we named her after D.M.s sidekick
I have a one year old cat I named her Noel when we got her last year since it was right before Christmas season and shes so beautiful with a little bit of pink on her nose,the rest of it is black and shes mostly black with some white but shes awesome and I love her so much its funny cuz she loves to be wherever I am and just sleep on my lap as long as I'll let her !
My hamster is called Elvis and my dwarf rabbit that i bought today is called Presley. Named them these names coz im obssessed with the King of rock n roll!!
"waffle"
My cats are Stan, Opie Taylor, Oliver, Cash, and Duey.
my fishes name is pazzo which is nutcase in italian casue hes a spaz
My puss was called

Riki-Tiki-Tembo No-Sa-Rembo Chary-Bary-Ruchi Pit-PeriPembo

or Riki for short. He liked Cheesy Wotsits.

The name was from an old folk tale. A proud woman called her son the above, thought it was a magnificent name and wouldn't listen to anybody who didn't say it in full. One day he fell down a well and when people tried to tell her quickly, she wouldn't listen unless they used the entire name. He did survive despite her but only just and she learned not to be so proud.

I thought it would sound good when we called him in from the garden but it soon got shortened to Riki, shouted in the manner of Bianca in Eastenders.
I found a stray kitten at my dentist's office. He was black and white and full of personality!

I call him Little Tom, or Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment