Thursday, May 7, 2009

smelly cat?

My cat died about 2 months ago, but all I can smell is cat pee (I am pregnant, so it is really strong) how do I get rid of it?
Answers:
I use "Nature's Miracle: Just for Cats" and it works.
on the label: "Permanently Eliminates all stains and odors -- even urine odors other products fail
to remove."

And it's safe to use around children and pets, so it should
be okay for pregnant women also.
get your carpet power washed. Your cat may have peed on your carpet and it has not gone away, until then, febreez is the answer.
You'll have to find out where the pee is located. Once you do that, you can use Nature's Miracle to get rid of the odor. If you can't find it, you may have to have your carpets professionally cleaned.

Some say a blue light will work on finding the urine marks, I haven't had much luck with that though.
Was this a male cat who sprayed? Or is it just litterbox pee smell?

Scrub anything you think might've gotten pee'd on. I also really like a product called Nature's Miracle on carpet, bedding, clothing, etc
This is gonna sound stupid but hear me out.put a bowl of ammonia out, or several, in the area of pet odor. It works.or douse with ammonia and leave the house for a day..it counter reacts with the urine/ammonia smell.
They do have other things like Nature's Miracle, Urine B Gone.
Go to any PetsMart and they will tell you what is good to use.There is a powder that can be used. If nothing works then replaceing your rugs and pads. then the basic floors will have to be cleaned before replacing with carpet or oder will return. Cat pee is worst then dogs.
They sell a light in the kitty section at the pet store that will help you locate the source of the smells. Then, there are a variety of products you can use to clean and eliminate the odors in those areas. I would get the light and find the problem areas rather than just randomly cleaning areas that might not be the problem. Good Luck and congratulations
Be careful what kind of chemicals you use while your pregnant. Above all saftey first for you and your baby. If in doubt ask your Dr if it safe for you to use.

I had a problem with that on both carpet and tile floors. After too many trials and errors.lol (namely every chemical on the market!) I found what worked best was clorox 2 (MUST be the color safe bleach always test a small area first to make sure if you have dark carpet I had a light tan color) for my carpet. I put it in my carpet cleaner (diluted with water of course).saturated the carpet let it sit for about 20 minutes then cleaned it as usual. For my tile floors nothing takes the smell out from the grout like good ol fashioned vinegar. Smells like crap! but after you get it mopped up and the floor dries it wont smell anymore.
try to find a odor control spray for cat and dog odors
Get a black light,it will show where all the pee is. Here is a home made mix that will get rid of the pee. 16oz. bottle of peroxide ,2 table spoons of baking soda and two drops of dish detergent. I used this on my beige carpet and it dosn't fade it. Before pouring it on anything check for color fading first. You can pour this stuff on ,let it air dry.If you still smell pee after that dries then do it again. Some times it takes two or three treatments on pee that has been there a while. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment