Thursday, May 7, 2009

Since most breeders breed father and daughter for dogs , is it possible to breed brother and sister cats ?

heard it from someone but wasnt sure if it was true , sounded kinda odd but I wasnt going to agree without some knowledge on the subject.
Answers:
Uh, I wouldnt. Its inbreeding and can lead to deformities, still borns or very tiny kittens. I have a cat whos an imbreed. She was a stray. Shes tiny, can fit in your hands when their together and her nose and teeth are kinda curved in. Shes happy but she has some breathing probs, I wouldnt do it.


Also: DONT BREED CATS! THEIR ARE ENOUGH HOMELESS ONES ALREADY! there are 8 strays outside my house, No homes, but I feed them and give them a place to stay when its cold. Dont breed cats, their are enough already.
Since most breeders breed father and daughter for dogs

NO LEGITMATE RESPONSIBLE BREEDER DOES THAT IN ANY SPECIES
POSSIBLE BUT STUPID

I don't know what most breeders do but those who inbreed their cats are irresponsible.

Decades ago we had a Siamese cat whose grandmother was his mother, whose brother was his father, and whose entire family tree was very incestuous. He was " A CHAMPION " (with yard-long papers to prove it) and the most miserable little animal we ever came across.

He had been ditched at our humane society two hundred miles away from his home. The poor little guy was NEVER happy unless he was being fussed over and bathed and powdered. We could not keep him and gave him to a breeder.

He broke an arm trying to unhook the crate latch, ripped the cast off his arm, and eventually ran away. We were unbelievably saddened. No creature should have to go through something like that!

EQUALLY CRIMINAL: breeders who breed lethal genes, floppy cats, munchkins, scottish fold and any other "configuration" that carries a mutation on the gene.
Although I have heard it done by others I think it is wrong. But it can be done, in my opinion it weakens the breed. But that is only my opinion.
I am in fact a breeder and have NEVER bred father to daughter. Some breders do, but YOU NEVER BREED BROTHER AND SISTER!!.
It is POSSIBLE to breed any two cats. They do not know that they are brother and sister, but it is a totally BAD idea! I have no idea why anyone would do that.
I am a dog breeder and breeding relatives is one of the worse things you can do. It is called in-breeding and causes all kinds of problems with the offspring. The puppies from such a union do not inherit the best qualities, but are plagued with health problems not to mention some deformities.
Some puppy mill owners will do this out of ignorance or greed. I would not suggest this practice with your cats as you would be taking a high risk and it would only cause you and the kittens grief in the long run. Please don't do it.
Most breeders do NOT breed father %26 daughter together in dogs or any other species..not sure where you got the info but it is false info.

It is possible to breed brother %26 sister but definately not recommended and not something a responsible breeder would do.
i would never breed any cats whether they are family or not.please reconsider breeding cats since there are already so many homeless and strays in the world
Yes, but the out come might not be good. I had 2 cats that were brother and sister and they did breed. I didn't think they would, ugh.
Anyways a few kittens came out ok but alot did not look so good, they looked more like gremlins then cute kittens. I thought it would have been alot worse because of the fact they were bro/sis. But no major deformities came from it.
Don't know where they got that idea, but it is definately not true. The closest I have ever heard of breeders doing is uncle to niece breedings.
I am not a breeder, but common sense would tell me no. To me that's to close, but then again I am a fan of spaying and neutering all pets, there are way to many unwanted dogs and cats to warrant anyone, unless they are breeding for the good of the breed, from breeding pets. Most people just want those cute little puppies or kitties and don't think about the animal that has to live on the street,shelter or die because they aren't cute puppies or kitties anymore. Regards KG
here's my story.

When my friend had accently adopted a female cat from the street and her male cat mated the female cat and ended up with 6 kittens (1st litter). My friend gave away four kittens and kept two kittens who are brother and sister, unfourntely just a week before the male kitten was supposed to get neutred, he mated his sister and ended up with 5 kittens (2nd litter). four was given away, my friend kept the male kitten for a while, he accidently mated his sister and grandmother. and it keeps going on.. It was an accident and those kittens turned out fine. those cats and kittens have became very affectional pets

I ended up adopting the second male from the first litter and the second male from the second litter and i had them neutred and vet checked they're fine :) however, I couldn't adopt more and my friend's cats keep breeding (inbreeding) and the SPCA has caught my friend and was forced to give up the males whom weren't fixed to stop the breeding. My friend was glad that there will be no more kittens. Her male cats (three of them) are fixed.

I forgot to mention, there were few cats that are deformed, my friend had to kill them because the kittens who are deformed won't take the mother's milk and a few had died during birth.

I won't advise brother and sister to mate with each other and I'm fan of spraying and neuter too.. thank god i don't have to go through that situation.
it is possible to breed brother and sister but you can get side effects like if both of the young dogs got a bad jean like a silly jean or somthing it would magnify in the babies

No comments:

Post a Comment