Thursday, May 7, 2009

Someone tell me what this means!?

My 6 month old kitten is on my lap right now,

I am stroking under his chin and if I stop, kneads my stomach, is this a sign of affection as he has never done this before!
Answers:
Yep - he is showing you he feels happy and content and comfortable to be able to do this.

They are wonderful animals and have some great ways and they never cease to surprise you.

Continue enjoying your pet and take good care of him and your efforts will be rewarded.
Think he's showing you that he likes it.
absolute adoredom..means mostly contentment and relaxed kitty.
Aren't they cute? It's saying 'Don't stop now!'.
doesnt want u to stop and its a sign of affection
I've had cats all my life. The vet told me years ago that when they knead like that, they are imitating what they would do with their mothers. When they knead their mother's stomach, milk flows more as they suckle. If you are scratching him under his chin, he's getting something pleasing from you. When you stop, he kneads trying to stimulate the action again.
it's a sign of i love my surrogate mum and i want more.i love people who care for animals well done.
I'm sure it means "don't stop strocking me" i have a dog that loves to get rubbed and when i stop, she looks for my hands and licks them.
Perhaps you are stroking the pus sy the wrong way!
He is doing what he would do to his mother when suckling for milk.He is obviosly very content,happy and secure.Sometimes cats will drool when they do this kneading,thought id let you know in case he does it and gives you the fright of your life!Very often it is cats that have been taken away from thier mothers too early that display this behaviour.Keep doing what you are doing he looks as though he adores you
its called padding. cats do this as kittens when they suckle from thier mothers. it stimulates the nipples and makes the milk flow.
Apparently this stems from when they were feeding from their mothers and would knead around the nipples to produce more milk. So the milk equals contentment and this feeling stays with them forever. I'd say you've got one very happy puss there and just enjoying all the attention you can give - and more!

BTW - had to take my 17 year old to the vet today (cystitis) and she is now hopping round like a kitten and has just helped me to make the bed - well I've just had to fish her out of the duvet! They give so much pleasure - I'm about to get the prawns out again for her next pill. ;o))
this behaviour goes back 2 when the kitten was with its mother. a kitten kneads the queen's (mother) mammary glands to produce more flow of milk while suckling. its also a comfort thing i guess!
When infant kittens nurse from their mothers, they knead their mother's belly like that to stimulate milk flow. As adults, almost all cats continue that behavior because it is a reminder of the comfort they felt while nursing as kittens. It is a sign of your cat being very happy, content, and feeling nurtured by you, so congratulations!
. . . is the litter box nearby? . . .
keep doing what you are doing mommy and don't stop now that is what she is telling you
thank you
i beet a loves it, btw can i change place with your cat.

please, prety please..

Meeeaaoooooooowwwwww
Yeah and as long as they don't have claws its great. My oldest cat is front declawed and he does it to my shoulders while he is on the back of the couch. He's my loverbug giving me a back massage
It is, indeed!

Ciao..John-John.
He loves you.
When they're still nursing with their moms, kittens knead the mom's teats to get the milk to flow. As they grow older, cats display this "kneading" action as a sign of complete contentment and a desire for more of the same.
I've always heard that they do it because it reminds them of their mother. Kittens do that to their mothers.
this is a sign of affection as well as the fact of the kitten showing you he/she likes what youn are doing
yes deffinatly, a kitten will knead a it's mother's stomach to start the flow of milk.
cats and kittens 'paw' as a sign of comfort! they did it to there mum while getting milk, while ur stroking him he's prob dosing off, and remembering being with him mum, so although it can hurt u a it!! its just a comfort thing!! my cat use 2 do it while sucking his toe!! now thats weird!! lol
He probably thinks that you're his mom! >
yes love it is and the only way the cat can show you that he loves you is to knead enjoy the affection
My Shirley does this sort of thing.
If I scratch hear head or pet her or something shes realy into and then I stop, she'll look at me like "What do you think you're DOING?!!" If I dont see her she'll make little chirpy noises or headbutt me, touch my hand or try to get the feeling again by puching against my hand the same way.
Its like if someone started giving you a great shoulder massage and right as it started to make you feel good, they stop.
Isn't it cute though? They're so demanding!!
But no matter what, she's the reason I'd prefer my pets to kids! :)
When cats knead with their paws it means they are content and happy. They also do this when feeding from their mothers. This action shows that they feel protected and secure. Your kitty loves you.
Yes, this is a sign of affection, my cat does it all the time. Its a reflex from when they had to knead their mothers tummy to get milk when they were kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment