Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soft Claws?

Has anyone used the product soft claws? Do they work? Serious answers only please.
Answers:
My cat is about six months old and I have used them for about a month now. First off, you have to make sure that you get the right size or else they won't stay on. You have to cut the cats claw back a litle bit and then you put superglue into the vinyl cover and slip it on the claw. It only takes a couple of seconds to attach. They do come off, but they come in colors and I have reused the few that have come off. Just glue them back on. When we first put them on, Momo was a little nervous, but we put him in a towel and tried to do it as quick as possible. Since he has had them on for awhile, he is completely calm about the whole ordeal and even stays still while we do it. He doesn't even mind that they are on and didn't try to take them off or anything. They must be extremely comfortable. I think they are well worth it, especially as an alternative to declawing which I find mean. I recommend them!!
Yes, they work well and are a humane alternative to declawing.
Yes, when I worked at a vet clinic we recommended them as an alternative to declawing. If you can't afford them, we also recommended the following:

1. Go to a craft store and buy the tiny round beads there, sometimes called "seed beads". Also buy some superglue.
2. Glue a seed bead to each of your cat's claws, sticking their claw through the tiny hole on the end of the bead.

This works almost as well as soft claws and is much less expensive.

Hope it works!
YES WHEN I DON'T CLIMB TREES
I have a friend that swears by them. You have to keep putting them back on though. They don't stay on forever.
they are hard to put i have kittens
They work, I have had lots of people who use them recommend them to me for my new indoor only kitten. They just can't be outdoor cats when they have the caps on.

But make sure to get your cat used to you touching and holding his paws, otherwise you will have a lot of trouble trying to get them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment