Thursday, May 7, 2009

sit in my lap?

i love my cat and she likes attention. my older cat who died loved to sit with me and sleep with me. i really miss that. is there anyway i can teach her to do this. she wont do it on her own.
Answers:
I have two cats just like this. the one loves to snuggle and will sleep on my head- the other will follow me around and lay down in the same room as me but will never come snuggle. I have to go to him if I want cuddling time. Unfortunately, this is his personality and I can not change it. We just have to accept them for who they are and love them just the same. Good luck!
Cats unlike dogs are independent - they will only do what they want to UNLESS it involves food!@
you didn't say how long you have had her or how old she is. some cats are lap cats and some cats aren't. just keep working with her and maybe she will. good luck!
the cat picks you, so she will bond with you and start cuddleing with you, sweet talk to her, pay attention to her when she is looking for attention, it takes time
Put up with it..my cat's the same way. The only time he sits near me and bunts me and licks my hand is near 10p.m. at night when he thinks it's time for me to feed him. I just make the most of it when he does, and drag his feeding time out a little longer.
i wanted a lap cat so i went to the shelter and took home the one who jumped on me! i have another who wants nothing to do with it. they have independent personalities you probably wont be able to change that.but try feeding her treats when you have her on your lap. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment