Friday, May 21, 2010

Uh, does it stain?

My little brother colored my white siamese whith black permenant marker!
It's skin got colored too. Is it toxic? My Siamese is really mad and won't let me touch her, even when I offered her a can of Tuna. Will it stain her skin? Is it bad for her? What do I do?
Answers:
Permanent markers are generally labeled "non-toxic".

However, if she starts foaming a the mouth, take her to the vet.

(That's not sarcasm. If cats taste something they don't like -- like she might from grooming herself where the marker is -- they foam. So the vet explained to me many years ago, when my cat started foaming at the mouth after I gave it an ear-mite treatment!)

She should be just fine, though. And the marker will wear off eventually, just like it does on human skin.
Your cat will be okay, but she may look funny for a few weeks until it wears off her skin.
It'll wear off. The natural oils in the cat's skin and fur will dissolve the ink. Just don't do anything - the cat will get over it, and no, it's not going to kill her or make her sick.
you need to call your vet, i wouldn't put anything on her at all, because she is also going to be grooming herself and will be ingesting this product. you should get her to the vet just to be safe! how much exactly did he color her with the marker!? is any one actually watching the kid?
It will come off. I don't think it is toxic. When she will let you touch her, try some hydrogen peroxide. Then wash her with a damp rag.
TIME 1 it will not stain her skin it will come out with time and she will be fine
2 she will love you again in time
Hi,

I just bought one of the clorox stain remover pens and used it on a tabacco stain, it worked awesome. Right after I bought it, I found this link for a free one! Hope if works well for you too!

http://www.alllsite.info/free-clorox-pen.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment