Monday, May 24, 2010

water foundation by Hagen called "CatIt" anyone tried that ?

I am thinking of getting my cat a water foundation that have a dome flowing design for my cats, they tend to go to the toliet and drink water from it which I try to avoid as much as I can. I change their water dish two times a day.

Do you feel that this product will work well for my cats and is it hard to keep the machine clean? Any positive or negative opinion about it ?
Answers:
A cat drinking in a toilet can be dangerous due to the cleaning stuff you use. If there is any residue or if you use a "puck" to clean with, a cat can be poisoned.

I tried the dome style cat fountain. I didnt really like it. Maybe it was my floor, but I could NOT get the darn thing level and water would leak onto the floor. My cats loved it though :) I still use the regular water fountain that Hagen makes. They have a new one out now too.one that bubbles.

Regarding algae etc. You do have to clean the fountain; just like you need to clean anything. The water is moving so there is no dust. The fliter should be changed every month. Also, ensure you never let the water container go dry, you could burn out the motor and it will smell like burning plastic.

Anyways, I like the fountains for cats. :)
waste of electricity in my opinion

drinking from a toilet isnt bad for cats.. its clean water the same that comes out of your tap.. its only dirty after you use it and if you dont flush.. so whats the problem?

the fountain will get algae in the parts that work the system so after about 6 months its circulating gross water anyhow..
use STAINLESS STEEL or CERAMIC bowl for cat water rather than plastic or a fountain.. stainless steel is easiest to clean and bacteria cannot live in it (like it can in plastic)

its the dust on the water that the cats dont like.. their will still be dust falling into the fountain only now its circulating rather than sitting on top - a really fussy cat will taste the dust so you will still need to change the water daily

No comments:

Post a Comment