Monday, May 24, 2010

Wanting another Purebred cat, just not sure what kind.?

I have an Applehead Siamese, a wedgehead Siamese and a Bengal, I want one more purebred cat but not sure what to get. It needs to be a shorthaired cat and pretty energetic.
I'm considering:
1) Tonkanese
2) Abyssinian
3) Snowshoe Siamese
4) Egyptian Mau

Does anyone have any experiance with these breeds? If so, will you tell me first hand about these cats?
Answers:
I have owned 2 Abyssinians - VERY energetic! Day one, my first 14 week old kitten woke me up at the crack of dawn by bringing a sock on the bed 'churping'. I tossed it off %26 and we then played fetch for the next 1/2 hour.a hint of what I was in for the next 14 years. They like to be up high, and walked %26 slept on the back of the couch, top of the fridge, etc. When in the kitchen, it was not unusual to suddenly have a cat drop down on my shoulders while cooking to say 'hi!'. They like to be warm %26 will find any patch of sun to sleep. In an air conditioned house, they will seek out the warmest room. They like to drink dripping water by scooping it toward their mouth with their paws - my one female did this several times daily in a bathtub with a slow drip, which we never fixed - for her sake. They are definately entertaining, and freaked out many houseguests with their exotic looks - I once had a meter reader afraid to come in my house, as she thought they were young cougars that might attack her! Oh, by the way, they run to the door to see who rang the bell like dogs. ; )
You should get a siamese. best cat ever! .very smart very friendly and adorable.get the applehead siamese they are the cutest.
I used to have a British Shorthair.it is a nice, gentle but quiet cat.and that's not what you want.
sorry
Egyptian Mau
Why on earth do you need a pure-bred? Those lovely kittens of all kinds (not pure bred) are so cute and clever and cuddly and beautiful. I mistrust purebreds, because they are bred with many mixes from the same family (breeders don't have an endless amount of mothers and fathers, so they are likely to be related), so they often have congenital diseases or flaws.(not seen at first, but their health and manners are often problematic).
It's not on your list - but why not try a Serengeti cat?

Created from a mix of Bengal %26 Oriental genes, they are active, intelligent %26 very loveable. In the States they are available in brown spotted, smoke %26 silver spotted. In the UK they are also available in snow spotted.

Kingsmark is recognised as the founder of the breed - for more info click the link below.

I've got three Serengetis - along with Bengals - I find them to be cuddly, full of purrs, gorgeous to look at %26 though they also have naughty tendencies, they are not quite as 'bad' as the Bengals can be . tho I did find Zo, the Serengeti, with his head in the fridge just yesterday . lol
Can you please answer a question for me . what exactly is the difference between a purebred kitten and a kitten that might have been abused or abandoned at your local shelter! it is people like you that continue to insist on only owning purebreds, therefore, forcing purebred cats to breed, and just makes the cat overpopulation worse . did you know the number of cats that are put to sleep a year? There are 3-4 million dogs %26 cats that have to be killed a year because they don't have proper homes, and you are encourage someone to breed more for your own selfishness . so you can what . show off your fancy kitty . get a hobby

No comments:

Post a Comment