Monday, May 24, 2010

Vicks Vapor Rub?

I think i just have weird cats.lol
One of my cats loves the smell of vicks vapor rub and goes nuts every time i use it. is it safe for him to smell as long as he doesn't injest it?
Answers:
LOL!!
I haven't heard that one before.
It's harmless, just a funny quirk he has.
It smells minty from the menthol. Doesn't catnip have that smell?
I guessed its fine. My cat loves to lick off the smell of toothpaste after I brush my teeth. So.. they are just clean maybe. haha
Actually, it isn't healthy for them and a lot of cats of allergic and will start foaming at the mouth.
cats love vaseline it helps coat their throat to keep them from having hairballs try giving him a teaspoon of the vaseline once a month he may be craving it and mistaking the vicks because of the petroleum in it
Yes it's fine they like the eucalyptus in it , it's a natural herb ,and cat's are fond of them , as long as they dont' swallow any
It's safe for him to smell it .. but don't let the Cat Cops catch him doing that with you. Good Luck ! :)
Your kitty is weird for sure, Vicks as an aphrodisiac? No accounting for taste I guess. I don't think it would be good for kitty to be on a steady diet of this just the same as it wouln't be good for u or I.
ok, so Vick's vapor rub is considered a medication, right? and you use it by smelling the vapor as it rises from your chest? so, by smelling it, your cats are using it. can't be good. stick to cat nip. we know that is fine!
My cat loves the smell of Bengay.
If he's not eating it no problem-they do like menthol type smells. That's really cute with the cell phone but are you sure it's not hurting her ears and that's why the reaction?
my cats go crazy as well over vicks and also with the smell of ben gay i think its the menthol in them it is like catnip to them huh?
OO, I have to try that. I had a cat who went nuts for my peppermint foot lotion - if I didn't get my socks on quickly enough, he would lick it off!. Even so, he would sniff and sniff my feet. He also would keep coming to my mouth if I were sucking on a peppermint.
Smelling the vicks won't hurt him - but don't get it too close so it won't irritate his nose.
I'd love to see your kitty dancing!

1 comment:

  1. Bengay and vicks are toxic to cats!!!! Look it up before you need an emergency trip to the vet

    ReplyDelete