Friday, May 21, 2010

Vet question?

For those of you who have had cats affected by the Hartz products, what did your vet do for your cats? I finally got ahold of a vet and the office call is $35, which I can do that, but they said that if they have to do anything else then there would be more charges, which is understandable. How much did they charge you and what did they do?

Thanks to all of you who have answered.
Answers:
Mel, it depends a bit on how seriously they've been poisoned. The cats I've nursed (with SP toxicity, not specifically with Hartz- as I said in your other topic, we don't have it here) were really ill and in intensive care. They required IV fluids,anti-seizure meds and pretty close monitoring.

I don't know exactly what their owners bills were like, but would guess in the realm of a few hundred dollars. Basically though, the sooner you take her to a vet, the less likely she is to have complications and require major treatment
My vet told me with my first cat when I was a kid not to ever use Hartz products. There are too many allergic reactions, poisoninings, etc. because of them.

My vet costs wouldn't do you any good. I have the world's greatest vet who doesn't charge an office visit. If he can't do anything to help, he doesn't charge his patients' owners. God, bless him!

Depending on what has happened will determine what they need to do. Allergic reaction he will give your baby some "kitty benedryl" and he/she will be fine. If there has been a poisoning, he/she will do what they can to counteract what ever has been ingested.

Good luck with your kitty! Let us know what the vet says.
i dont know
every time i take my cat to the vet for something more than shots, etc it averages around 150 to 250. it drives me crazy..they charge as much as a regular md.can't imagine what it would be if the cat was really sick vs having a fight wound cleansed and cauterized.which was 125!

No comments:

Post a Comment