Friday, May 21, 2010

Using lint tape on my cat?

Have you ever used lint tape on your cat? It seems to work well for mine.. but I'm wondering if it's safe and if the glue from the tape is dangerous?

Thanks!
Answers:
I resorted to using a lint roller for my pillowcase when one of my 5 cats insisted on sleeping on my pillow. Then, he rubbed up against it, and they have been friends ever since! I don't allow it to pull on the hair, just the loose hair, and they all love it! Have never had a problem, if anything, they have less hairballs! They actually sell them at the Vet's office and use them on their cats, and some of their dogs too.
I DONT KNOW U SHOULD ASK A DOCTOR
OK that is new, and what a bloody good idea, I dont have a cat but had one, and usd the vacuum for a while but he sure did not like that. Next cat I get, I will be using lint tape to, sorry it does not really answer your Q, but I must say again, its a good idea. The glue from lint tape is non,toxic so guess its ok.
no is not safe it has chemicals ask your vet. you are pulling the cat fur. he can get rash or something.
Ok, the tape itself won't hurt the cat, but it's probably ripping its hair out by the roots, unless the stuff has the stickiness of a post-it. Either way, you're fighting a losing battle.

Just brush the poor animal: It helps spread the natural oils for a healthier coat.
I give my cats a light roll with the lint grabber if I have it out. They love it and ask for more. I have never had any problems doing this. Another thing I have found to help with shedding is changing their food. It is so true that excessive shedding can be due to diet. I have started feeding my cat Science Diet and they are softer then ever and are shedding 75% less. It is more expensive, but worth every penny for my little kitties! Good Luck!
Lint tape isn't going too hurt kitty buddies. Your kitty buddy is just fine.

There is one caviot though. If kitty buddy objects too the lint tape treatment then you should switch too something else that he doesn't object too.

Kitty buddies are pretty damn picky and there is no hard and fast rule. Some cats absotively DETEST being brushed or combed. They just will not tollerate it for even a moment. Some cats just can't get enough of it. Some cats like a good role about in a pile of masking tape. Most cats won't have a bar of that. I would avoid experimenting with glass tape and duct tape though.

But that's just me!

If you have questions about the toxisity of things like that you can (in most cases) contact the manufature. But substitue the words "four year old child" for "cat" that way the will take your question seriously. Alternately (should that fail) you can talk too your vet.

In short! Lint tape good! As long as kitty buddy says it is.
are you trying to pick up dandruff?

I use one of those red "coat brushes" on my longhair, he has very oily skin and dandruf, and the coat brush picks the dandruff up better than anything i've found.

I would imagine the glue on the lint roller would stay on the paper, so i wouldn't worry about it too much. If your really concerned by a coat brush and give that a try, i got mine form the 99 cent store.

No comments:

Post a Comment