Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spaying cats?

I took my 2 cats last Monday to be spayed. They told me that one was in heat and the other was very early on in her 1st pregnancy. I brought them home the next day and they seemed fine, slept a bit more than usual. Now they are just wild. They are running and jumping all over the place. They are tearing down the house. I thought that having them spayed would calm them, that's what I heard anyhow. I sthis normal behavior? Will they settle down? Any suggestions? They don't bither me with this behavior, I am just worried about them.
Answers:
It takes at least 30 days to get hormones leveled out after that sort of operation. I suggest waiting that long, and then seeing how they act. Sometimes it helps, but this is not always they case. Just give it time, and see how things go
they'll be fine. just means they are feeling better. i heard the same thing about calming them down, but after i took my wild little female in, and she acted the sane after, i decided it was a myth. :)
i had my male cat neutered and it took him a few months to calm down. give it time, they will calm down. enjoy the fact that they are happy. ;0)
Yes they will clam down but they are going to turn into witches. Every female cat that I have had has turned that way afterwards. Males are great after being fixed. GOOD LUCK.
They're playing! It's just that they feel better. I've noticed that my spayed and neutered children are much more like the kittens they were.
don't worry..YOU did the right thing. Perhaps the anesthesia is playing a little havoc temporarily. My cats were all fine male and female all 30 spayed nertered. Whew. Don't forget the flea meds and other stuff. Good Luck
I have many cats, so I understand completely! This behavior means that they are feeling lots better.They will settle down quite a bit. In fact mine have gotten really lazy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment