Thursday, July 30, 2009

stray cat any one?

I've been trying to find a home for George, a stray cat that lives in my neighborhood, but none of the animal shelters around here will take him in. I live in the Cleveland area and I really need to find a home for him before winter gets here. I don't think he'd survive. Any one have any suggestions on how to build an inexpensive cat shelter? Or does any one know of any other shelters besides the APL that would take him?

I'm just so worried sick about him!
Answers:
If you can catch George, Then find a large box and fill it with towels or rags and cover it with a waterproof tarp or poncho type raincoat. Put the box in an area where it will not be disturbed, cut a hole in the side of the box large enough that George can climb into and out of, and then show him the box, or put him inside to show him it is safe. Put a food dish near or inside of the box so he will know that it is a good place to be. If He wants to live there, he will, and if he needs a shelter, he will go inside as he sees fit. Cats do tend to care for themselves, but at times it is nice to know that someone cares for them. I had a wild one myself, she was a beauty, I saved her from a bad place, but she never would come to me but lived in my home for 6 mos. eventually I moved to an area where she could live outdoors, and she came when called, ate her food, and played outside with the toys I bought her. Her name is Holly. she still lives there, but I have moved, and she still comes when called, and is a happy cat.
nope.
i would like to help but i;m not staying at Cleveland
Aaaaw poor George. I love cats. If I didn't live a million miles away and have a severely allergic boyfriend, I'd gladly take him in. Good luck George!
i love cats do u know what kind of breed it is? u can email me at elephante_21@yahoo.com
Cats have a way of looking after themselves.
Why don't you yourself take care of it?
I LOVE STRAY CATS, THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!!
why wont they take him in? Why dont you adopt him as your pet?

No comments:

Post a Comment