Friday, July 31, 2009

There is a full moon tonight .Does you cat act weird?

I have 2 cats, and last night, my female was jumpy as heck, and my male cat was playing in the entryway. What he was doing was the weirdest thing I have ever seen him do,and the funniest. My entryway connects to the kitchen, and he would stand in the pantry,and straight run to the entryway, land on the rug, and go rug surfing. The rug slides with him. He did this for over an hour!

What does your cat do during full moon nights.
I know the full moon is tonight, but my cats just started early.
Answers:
My cats tend to be more active. I've always wondered if they are sensing something from the way that I act since I know it's a full moon, or if they are able to sense something "more." They were going half-way up my stairs and batting at people walking by. I've also had to scold my male several times for "getting into things." He's been noisy and "talkative." He yells back at me for me telling him no. He's been hiding and jumping out at the female cats. He does this thing where he'll tilt his head sideways and play-bite at them. The youngest one gets upset and chases him through the house -- up the stairs in a stampede that sounds more like horses than cats! LOL

I love to watch the cats when they're in this mood. They're so funny!
My whole family acts weird when there is a full moon!
My cat acts weird all the time. im not sure if the moon has anything to do with it.
Maybe they are were-cats. Yikes !
they say i act weird.


not only during full moons
It is a fact that when there is a full moon the whole world goes nuts. The crime rate goes up. It must have to be the gravitational pull of the moon. Just like the tides coming in and going out. Weird isn't it.
All the living beings born under the sign of Cancer act weirdly when its full moon. Some believe it dome dont. But with my personal experience I do.
my tutors cat knows how to switch the tv on and off and change the channels!
My cats usually act weird all the time. LOL. I don't think they need a full moon or anything. I used to have a cat that would rug surf. I thought that looks like so much fun. Too bad I couldn't join him.
Depends on the potion I am brewing . Try a new broom and avoid eyes of newts
My grandmother had an expression for what your cat was doing she called it "having the wind up his butt" or "He feeling the wind of change coming" what she meant was that the cat was feeling the light changes in the air. As you might have noticed often the night are chillier on full moons and the temperature often changes rapidly. Cats have a tendency of noticing the changes and acting up. Notice that while you might not see the storm coming your cat might be acting out the storm and as the storm actually arrives 2 to 4 hours later kitty is sound asleep! Pretty much pooped out from his/her earlier antics. Same as hearing people say their cats reacted before the earthquake. They feel things we don't always feel. Look at the weather forecast in your area and the barometer pressure changes doesn't need to be a storm brewing to have the wind up his butt! Enjoy your own little weather forecaster!
No, but my werewolf does!
i thought it were wolves that went werid.
Is there really a full moon tonight? I don't have a calendar. My cats are fine at the full moon. I am the one that something always happens to and I am supposed to go out tonight and I just might change my mind. Thanks for the info
Well we have 10 and they always "act weird", though we don't have a rug they can surf on. LOL.

Don't notice them any "goofier" than normal on the night of the full moon.

:-)
The full moon affects every living creature, whether they realize it or not. It causes strange behavior, sometimes bordering on unreasonable behavior in some animals, and in some people. Most people think that's a fairy tale, but I worked in a nursing home for years. I saw the evidence. :)

My cats paw at the window when there's a full moon, and they try to knock off all my refrigerator magnets. :)
Our cats are weird all the time. full moon or otherwise!
yep, they clatter in and out the cat flap and get stupidly hyper. not just animals though. I work in the town center and tonight it was like away day at the zoo! loads off freaky people behaving worse than usual!

we all go a little crazy sometimes!
My kitten acts weierd everynight. He sees something I dont see . Or if he's werid . But I love him and he's cute.He hisses out of nowhere. He sits by my widow and my door and there's nothing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment