Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stray cat found.What now?

I have been out of my old apartment about a week and my landlord told me that there has been a cat coming around the house. Well yesterday I went to look for one of my sister's outside cats and the one my landlord had been talking about ran right up to me. She is very friendly so I don't think she is feral. She also has a collar but no tag and I don't see any fleas on her. But she is super skinny and when I gave her some food she didn't stop eating. So we took her home %26 I posted a found ad in the paper and on petfinder.com. I would like to keep her. Is there anything else I should do or have I done my part? We have an appointment at the vet this afternoon for a check-up and her microchip scanning. I had even asked neighbors if they knew anything about her. The neighborhood I was in (old neighborhood gone bad) is kind of run down and there are always strays around. I think she's better off with me, but I don't want to feel like I'm "taking" her. She's content so far.
Answers:
First off, good for you! You have a kind heart! I think you've done more than your part. Go ahead with her check up today, just to be on the safe side.then welcome her into her new home. How lucky she is to have found a warm, loving home!
It sounds like you've done everything you can do to find who she might belong to. If i was you I would keep her but make sure you check the paper for the next few weeks to look for any lost cat ads that might be her. Good luck with your new cat! =)
you have done more than your part m y friend ,someone prolly threw her out god bless you for your kindness to her,she doesnt know how lucky she is Enjoy your new friend!
thanks for wanting to keep the stray cat. sometimes we are the ones that get adopted and i think that you have been. good luck with hopefully your new cat.
skin it and eat it! yum yum!
You could always sell him by the pound to your nearest Korean restaurant? Fatten him up for a little while first!
You are not "taking her" because if she actually does belong to somebody, they have no business letting her go outside to roam around to begin with. You sound like a very responsible person and I'm so glad she found you!! I guess the only other suggestion I would have is to have her spayed.
kill it, it may have some diseases
You are not "taking" her because she is the one who came to you, which means that she liked you first!! Just go to the vet, listen to what he will say to you, and all the other it's up for you two! Good Luck!! :)
To me it sounds as if you have done everything you can. Please make sure you get her tested for feline leukimea(mispelled) and FIV and if you plan on keeping her indoors, declawed and even spaded(to help prevent "unwanted pets"). Make sure you show her where her "litterbox" is and place her in there every now and then to make sure she "gets the hang of it".I congradulate and applaud you for being a new responsible pet owner by taking her to the vet. Good luck with your new baby!
You may want to contact the local animal shelters in your area to see if anyone called them looking for the cat in question. I know that if I were looking for a lost animal I would be checking the shelters as well as the newspaper, etc. Also, check local bulletin boards for "lost cat" postings, etc.

Beyond that if nobody is looking for her then I would say you have found yourself a sweet little kitty and have saved a life. Good for you!
I think you're awesome for taking in a stray kitty! Most people don't look twice because they don't care. I applaud you on that score! And since you've posted ads about the found cat, I think you've done your part. Maybe the cat ran away from her previous owners, or was thrown out. Look at it this way: she was starving when you found her, and she's happy with you now. So, you're doing what's best for the cat. :)
if you are willing to keep the the cat and give her a good loving home keep her because if i was to lose my cat i would have sign and anyhting eles to find her the last onwers are not looking for her or you would have seen signs and ads and stuff like that i knoe the law is 7 days i work in a shelter and when we bring in a cat it is 7 days before we can post a cat for adoption please let us know what happen at vet ith chip scanning
You just saved a sweet animal. Most people wont but u did. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment