Friday, July 31, 2009

There's a spot on the inside of my cat's ear that wasn't there before. Problem?

It looks like a mole on the inside of my cat's left ear near the very tip. I don't think she had it before, and then when we came back from vacation we noticed she had it. We were pretty sure she hadn't had a spot there before, but we couldn't really remember so we just let it be. Now I think it looks a bit larger than it used to. Is this something to be worried about? It's been about half a year maybe since we first saw the spot.
Answers:
If it seems to be growing at all I would have a vet look at it. I have a 22 yr old cat who had a large growth on the tip of her ear which she would scratch and it would supperate so the tip of her ear was removed surgically. It came back about six months later and this time does not seem to bother her at all. The vet does not think it is cancer and we will not do surgery again. She lived 15 years of her life completely outdoors so it could be from sun-damage. I don't know if this could happen with an indoor cat and I certainly would have it evaluated by your vet.

It's possible it could be removed in minutes with liquid nitrogen (I go regularly to the dermatologist to have my non-cancerous "spots" removed).
umm take it to a vet!
Take your cat to a vet..it may be a tumor or something..I have four cats and that is what I would do instead of asking here at yahoo.
it might be ok but since its gittin bigger u might wanna git dat checked out
Could it be a "tick" that is feeding off your cat's blood? That would make it larger.
Is she an outside cat? Many cats, especially with white ear tips, can get cancer of the ear with too much sun. Please get her to a vet ASAP to get it checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment