Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stuff cats do?

What's more annoying (but equally adorable)- your cat chasing the broom when you sweep or trying to sit in your lap in the bathroom? Any more?
Answers:
Definitely the broom chasing for me, but my kitties like to lie in the sink while I'm trying to brush my teeth and chase the covers when I'm trying to change sheets or make up the bed.

oh these katz!
playing with your feet while you are sleeping!
When I'm doing laundrey , my kitten steels some of my socks , I have to chase him to get them. And when I have to mop the floor , he starts to run all over the kichen floors with muddy paws.And everytime I put meat in the trash can , He jumps in the trash can and eats out of there. But it's cute , I cant get mad at him.I think he does that to get me mad. And he enjoys it . LOL,And while I wash the dishes , he always loves to climbes on my leg and wont let go.
My cat would open the shower door when I was taking a shower. She would climb in and get soaking wet. (I'm telling you she was a cat!)

She would also try to eat the ribbons when I was wrapping presents. That was pretty annoying, too.

My cat never climbed on my lap when I was using the facilities, but would crawl in my pants and sit there, totally irritated with me when I stood up!
My kitten chases your feet when trying to sleep chases them when your walking and opens the curtains when you've drawn them. He also tries to chase the fish while trying to eat the fish food. lol He also has a habit of jumping on you when the alarm clock goes off. lol
How about that thing where you're trying to walk and they slide along just barely in front of you so you can trip over them.
Mine helps to chase the ghosts out from under the sheet when I am making the bed. Then screams bloody murder when she can't find her way out quickly. Or else she helps hold the newspaper down by lying across the story I am trying to read.
I had a cat many years ago that had the most irritating habbit. Every night. Every single night! She would find something round and take it into the master bath room and roll it across the floor. Back.. long pause.. and fourth.. long pause.. and back.

Get up outta bed. Steal new found toy from cat. Hide said toy.

Cat goes and finds something else new too play with in the can.

I ended up just finally getting used too it. Tried too lock her out of the potty but she would just raise holly hell about it.

Cute! But man (!) it was agrivating!
OK, I've had the cat who liked to take a shower. And the one with the anoying toy in the middle of the night. Not to mention one who played fetch. But here's the best and this deserves a best answer.

To begin with, she got her name because when I would watch "Charmed" she would sit and paw at the screen everytime Piper (character on the show) would blow something up. Thus she got her name, Piper. But she would hide under the coffee table and if you had a soft drink and you set the lid down, she would reach up on the opposite side for it. You would see this black and white paw come up over the side of the table and then she would snatch the lid. Trust me, you would never see it again until you moved the sofa to clean under it. I found so many of these when I moved once. They were under everything and out of her reach.
My cat doesn't try to sit on my lap in the bathroom, because I try not to let the cat in the bathroom! Geez!
When I am filing my nails they swat the nail-file, grr! :-)
kneading on your forehead at 4 am
attacking the dog from the rear and biting the dogs butt.when she was very small she walked under the MALE dog and found something else to bite! The dog went #"%^%26$(.. and so the cat learned not to bite that!
My cat would beg like a dog for Doritos and powdered sugar donuts.
Silly kitty. Doritos I can sort of understand, cats like cheese, but donuts?
What a great question, and what great things all your cats do.
I have had cats want to sit on my lap while I was sitting on the loo. For the person who said dont let them in the bathroom - mine had a sliding door and she could open it. One cat would open the door and wait till I got out of shower and then go in, walk around the shower and then walk across my bed with her wet feet. She also helps me make my bed by attacking the sheets and getting under them.
It is very disconcerting, when you step out of the shower and are drying yourself, you look up and the cat is watching you. They have such a penetrating stare.
My youngest cat sits on the room divider and waits till you go past and then runs down and attacks.
My Burmese insists on sitting on my chest when I am laying in bed watching TV. Makes it very hard to see the screen. I manage to get him to one side and he rests his chin on my cheek and purrs. His whiskers tickle and the purring gets very loud.
One cat I had would lay in wait for the dog, jump out at her and hang from her muzzle and swing. As the dog was a poodle cross and had a furry face, the cat would only be hanging on to the fur, so all was good. Both dog ands cat enjoyed it.
The famous flash lite chasing and scratching your finger on the rug and watching them very carefully plan their attack!
Our cats like to drink water from a glass on the bathroom counter, they will not use their bowl on the floor in the kitchen.

They like to use their sandbox the minute I use the toilet in the bathroom where we have their boxes. And often after pooping, our male will then run through the house like a crazy man.

Our male carries around toys with bells in them to get our attention. Or he'll jump onto a table or dresser and knock things off.

He also will jump on my husband in the middle of the night, which scares the you know what out of him, to get him to wake up.

Our female will race through the house and try to climb up walls, or cat tree, or the drapes.

Our male would never use cat scratching posts, just our couches. Until we got the female who at 6 weeks just walked right up to the posts and used them properly..then the male decided that's what he'll do now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment