Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank you to all those who answered question on kittens biting and nipping.?

I have tried every single thing except the obvious which I will never do - declaw, hit, bite back. This is abuse %26 I love my little guy way too much. He actually chews on the spray bottle I use to spray him with. I can only hope that he'll outgrow this as he's still a kitten. He is the most affectionate little thing though. He purrs instantly, long %26 loud %26 he just loves to give kisses. Thank you to all who took the time to answer my question.
Answers:
I didn't see your question the first time, but, remember this is a baby. Kittens teeth. They have to learn how hard their bite is. The best thing you can do is find a toy or several toys the kitten loves to bite or chew and use them to distract him from biting you. You will end up with a happier, better adjusted cat if you try
this kind of approach.

In my experience many cats enjoy playing with ping pong balls. They love the thrill of the chase. Maybe your kitten likes something else. I have a cat who would fetch a ball of wadded receipt paper. Now all the receipt paper is smooth and shiny and sticks in his mouth so we can't do that any more. Be creative. Ask what toys other peoples' cats like most.

What I hated was having a kitten who would pounce on my eyelashes when I started dreaming. That was very unpleasant for a while.
i no you said would never hit it but try tapping it with a piece of paper on the nose the sound teaches it

No comments:

Post a Comment