Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stubborn cats?

Has anyone ever gotten their cat to do what you want them to? Are all cats stubborn?
Answers:
sorry love.it is next to impossible to get a cat to do what you want it to do. they are very independent creatures and most dont require or even want that much attention. so yes they are stubborn
I taught 2/3 of my cats tricks.
so who cars
I get very frustrated trying to medicate cats. You can't sneak stuff into their food, they shake their heads and spit out tablets you try to get down their gullets! Yes, they can be stubborn as the devil!

I had five cats and just got a new one. He is a paper shredder. I usually leave my bills out in a pile and pay them all at one time. He has pretty much multilated this month's batch. I don't think the power company is going to accept "the dog ate my homework" excuse. I am going to the drug store today to get some of those school folders to store papers in! Sometimes with cats you just have to "go around" their behaviors rather than tackling them headon.
All cats are stubborn till you possesively work on training them then they won't be stubborn, unless you start training them as kittens the they arn't as stubborn!
I have never gotten a Cat to do what I wanted them to but have been pretty sucessful getting them NOT to do what I didn't want themt to. I used a watter bottle. Since Cats hate water this kept them off the countertops.
If you give them lots and lots of attention and frequent treats and praise for good behavior they will adore you. My cats come running to greet me and my honey when we come home, and they usually only need to understand what it is we want them to do. Once they comprehend that I want them to sit on the towel I have put on the couch, or that I want them to follow me, or whatever it is I want them to do, they will do it.

They are not dogs, so there are limits to what you can teach them- they will not ever herd animals for example (but then not all dogs can do that either). But if they are raised right they can be very obedient because they want to please you.

No comments:

Post a Comment