Friday, July 31, 2009

Teatolaller and Killerilona.?

For some dumb reason PetQnA.com won't let me comment on my question to elaborate. so here is my elaboration.

Ok here's some information I left out. Princess used to live at my Aunt-In-Law's farm, that's where we took her back to. We didn't drop her at some random field. My Grandma-in-Law knew I wanted a cat and was down visiting and picked her up for me as a suprise. My inlaws don't take their animals to the vet so they didn't know I was trying to save up money for shots and neutering/spaying and all that stuff you take cats to the vet for, before actually bringing one into my house. That is why I did not have the money to take her to the vet, and we had thought about having my Uncle-in-Law put her down just in case she was in pain/terminally ill, but I couldn't stand the thought of killing a possibly pregnant cat, so I just returned her to her former owner. Trust me, if I had enough money, I would have taken both Princess and Tidus to the vet day one.
Answers:
I think taking her to her former owner was a wise decision.
If you can't afford to take care of your pets you shouldn't have them.Putting an animal down without taking them to the vet to see what is wrong with them and try to help them get better is a sorry way to deal with the problem.

sorry to be so harsh, but that is the truth.
Princess should have at least been tested for feline leukemia as that is something she could have given to Tidus and will probably die at the farm from that disease. You should definitely have Tidus given the tests for feline leukemia (after a month or so, depending on how long you had them together). They can also test him at the same time for FIV as that would also be a possibility.

Never bring a strange cat into your household without these tests as the diseases can be transferred from one cat to another by sharing water bowls or food dishes.
Ell, the best thing you can do is make sure Tidus has been wormed and his vaccinations up to date.
From what you said you have been a responsible pet owner and he is up to date, and hence why he only had a small dose of flu.

Aint it great these "suprises". You did do the best thing taking Princess back, you werent ready for a new cat yet.

Good luck, and sorry if my answer got the wrong end of the stick

No comments:

Post a Comment