Friday, July 31, 2009

Terrified of cats?

I dont think this is normal, Im scared to death of cats, I had a puppy and love animals but there's something about cats that makes my skin feel weird, Im allergic to them but I dont think that is the reason why Im so scared, I think their eyes look evil and when I see them stretching OMG! I feel something I cant put into words but it feels horrible. We were babysitting a black cat and I felt awful bacause she was so sweet and kept chasing me but I couldnt be around her first for my allergy and Im pregant so couldnt afford to get sick and then I was scared of her, it was so bad I had to leave to my sister's house until my husband's aunt could come pick her up.
I dont want to feel like this since my husband loves cats and I want my baby to have one when he is older.
Answers:
Ok well phobias come in all shapes and forms. My advice here is that it may be a recurring memory from childhood, something unpleasant which you have forgotten or even (and this is a bit out there) but if you believe in it, perhaps an extremely bad cat-related experience in a past life.
Have you tried hypnotherapy? Have you googled your phobia? maybe there are others on the big world wide web who can help or at the very least, relate to your story. Good luck :)
cat-o-phobia?
You should get to know cats. Pick a kitten that is about 1-2 months and train it not to hurt you. I suggest a female(P.S: this may not answer your question.)
Is there some sort of question here?
well, you probably had a horrible trauma you cant remember about cats when you were young, or maybe in a past life a cat mauled you to death and you cant get it out of your cell memory, Google cell memory it might teach you a lot about things from past lives that stick in our current life.
Hi Audrey.ailurophobia (fear of cats) is a real fear you are experiencing. Generally, most people can put their fears into perspective with professional guidance. I hope the following information may be of help to you as to how or why you are experiencing this fear towards cats.

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/fear-.
What is the cause of Cats Fear?

Like all fears and phobias, cats fear is created by the unconscious mind as a protective mechanism. At some point in your past, there was probably an event linking cats and emotional trauma. Whilst the original catalyst may have been a real-life scare of some kind, the condition can also be triggered by myriad, benign events like movies, TV, or perhaps seeing someone else experience trauma.

But so long as the negative association is powerful enough, the unconscious mind thinks: "This is very dangerous. How do I keep myself from getting in this kind of situation again? I know, I'll attach terrible feelings to cats, that way I'll steer clear in future and so be safe." Just like that a phobia is born. Attaching emotions to situations is one of the primary ways that humans learn. Sometimes we just get the wiring wrong.

The actual phobia manifests itself in different ways. Some sufferers experience it almost all the time, others just in response to direct stimuli. Everyone has their own unique formula for when and how to feel bad.

.more info on the website

Other sources for ailurophobia: http://www.best-cat-art.com/fear-of-cats.
I do not know why you are terrified of them, but you have got to get this silly idea that they are "evil" out of your head. Many cats have suffered at the hands of humans, who thought the very same thing. I hope you can get over whatever is causing this fear.
Try to get to know them. Cat's aren' bad. But some thigns aren't for everyone, which is okay. I'm sure you'll become better friends with cats. I'm sure your husband would be willing to help. Just go and put out your hand. The cat will usually slowly aproach and sniff. If it stops sniffing, looks up and stays there, I usually take that as a sign saying "It's okay to pet me" if the cat finishes sniffing and starts walking away, that would have to be more of saying, "No thanks, Please don't bother me right now (or) I don't trust you" Hope this helps for now!
Cats kill babys! Talk to the girl who wants to be one.
I was watching Wild About Animals one day on TV when I watched an interesting fact they had. They have their interesting questions on commercial breaks. I was intrigued by the little tidbit when I was made known of the fact that Cats actually evolved from the Canine species ( explains to me the skeletal structures of cats such as Lions and other large ones. )
I had one cat before, a little black colored cat with a hand full of white spots. His mother must have either been fer-rile or abandoned because he was raised with the streets in his blood. Just like dogs, there is a multitude of breeds of cat. Different temperaments, shapes and colors (um and prices.) The most memorable cats where the ones at the animal shelter though. When I volunteered there, one of the veterinarians suggested I spend time some days with the cats in their display window. Most of them just enjoyed the company. I am not sure how you may shake your fear of cats but hopefully somebody will come across about info on allergies and phobias for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment